Summer Internship Program
Please note that applications are now closed for summer 2018.
Please visit us next spring to apply for summer 2019!
About the program
The summer internship program in the Office of Senator Thanh Hai Ngo provides young Canadians from Vietnamese communities across the country with an opportunity to gain valuable work experience in the Senate of Canada. Vietnamese Canadian youth gain marketable skills and practical work experience in human rights awareness, communication and office administration that will prepare them for future employment.
Over the course of the summer, Senator Ngo’s interns work collaboratively to produce and publish and report on the human rights situation in Vietnam. In doing so, interns will deepen their understanding of human rights issues abroad and engage in international and Canadian politics.
Interns receive a monthly stipend to cover accommodation, meals and living expenses while working in Ottawa. Accordingly, chosen candidates will receive a stipend of $700.00 per month.
For more Summer Internship Program Experiences,
To be eligible for the Internship program, each applicant must be:
1) A Canadian Citizen
2) Able to work full time for the period of May 1 to July 27, 2018
3) Enrolled in a post-secondary institute, college or university.
4) Willing to reside in Ottawa for the duration of the internship.
Please note that the application process for the 2018 Summer Internship Program is now closed. That being said, you will find below the application steps set out for the 2018 Summer Internship.
1) Candidates must send their completed application packages to Elise.Saint-Martin@sen.parl.gc.ca and include the following supporting documents by March 4, 2018 at 12:00 AM:
- A résumé describing your professional and educational qualifications
- A short cover letter outlining your potential contribution to the program and the anticipated benefits you hope to draw from this experience on the Hill. Don’t forget to mention your availability and unique skills (e.g. writing, photography, graphic design) in your cover letter!
2) Only successful candidates will be contacted
For more information, please contact:
Office of Senator Thanh Hai Ngo
Parliament of Canada, 135 East Block
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A4
Toll free: 1-800-267-7362