Summer Internship Program
APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2019 ARE NOW CLOSED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND STAY IN TOUCH!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The summer internship program in the Office of Senator Thanh Hai Ngo provides young Canadians from Vietnamese communities across the country with an opportunity to gain valuable work experience in the Senate of Canada.
It is a unique opportunity to gain marketable skills and practical work experience in human rights awareness, communication and office administration that will prepare interns for future employment.
Over the course of the summer, Senator Ngo’s interns work collaboratively to produce and publish and report on the human rights situation in Vietnam. In doing so, interns will deepen their understanding of human rights issues abroad and engage in international and Canadian politics.
Please note that while this is an unpaid internship, interns will receive a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses while working in Ottawa.
To be eligible for the Internship program, each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Canadian Citizenship
- Availability to work full time for the period of May 1 to June 28, 2019.
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institute, college or university.
- Willingness to reside in Ottawa for the duration of the internship.
Please find below an overview of the application steps set out for the 2019 Summer Internship.
- Candidates must send their completed application packages to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 3, 2019 at 11:59 PM
- Candidates must include the following supporting documents:
- Resume describing your professional and educational qualifications
- One-page cover letter outlining your potential contribution to the program and the anticipated benefits you hope to draw from this experience on the Hill
In your application, please remember to mention your availability and unique skills, such as writing, research, photography, or graphic design.
Although we appreciate interest from all applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Office of Senator Thanh Hai Ngo
Parliament of Canada, 135 East Block
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A4
Toll free: 1-800-267-7362