Summer Internship Program
Applications are now open for 2018!
About the program
The summer internship program in the Office of Senator Thanh Hai Ngo will provide young Canadians from Vietnamese communities across the country with an opportunity to gain valuable work experience in the Senate of Canada. The objective of this internship program is to provide Vietnamese Canadian youth with marketable skills and practical work experience in human rights awareness, communication and office administration that will prepare them for future employment. Interns will also have the opportunity to deepen their understanding and engage in international and Canadian politics.
It costs approximately $1000 per month to cover accommodation, meals and living expenses in Ottawa. In order to assist students with travel and living expenses related to the internship, chosen candidates will receive a stipend of $700.00 per month.
For more Summer Internship Program Experiences,
To be eligible for the Internship program, each applicant must be:
1) A Canadian Citizen
2) Able to work full time for the period of May 1 to July 27, 2018
3) Enrolled in a post-secondary institute, college or university.
4) Willing to reside in Ottawa for the duration of the internship.
1) Candidates must send their completed application packages to Elise Saint-Martin at Elise.Saint-Martin@sen.parl.gc.ca and include the following supporting documents by March 4, 2018 at 12:00 AM:
- A résumé describing your professional and educational qualifications
- A short cover letter outlining your potential contribution to the program and the anticipated benefits you hope to draw from this experience on the Hill. Don’t forget to mention your availability and unique skills (e.g. writing, photography, graphic design) in your cover letter!
2) Only successful candidates will be contacted
For more information
Please contact Elise Saint-Martin or:
Office of Senator Thanh Hai Ngo
Parliament of Canada, 135 East Block
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A4
Toll free: 1-800-267-7362